Sunday, August 27, 2006

Thanks

I spent my last night in Michigan sitting in my parent’s living room holding a volleyball and crying like I haven’t for many years. On that night, I got a more intensely sincere send-off than I ever expected, and I knew that a surprising number of people would honestly feel my absence. This won’t be drawn out or personalized, now or maybe ever, but I feel now that I made some serious oversights then. So engulfed in the affection being showered on me at the time, I became completely inept at showing what you all mean to me. Many did not get the goodbye’s they deserved. As part excuse but more a statement of my fortune, nothing said or done in a night could have addressed my feelings comprehensively. I was never with words what most of you are, but know that I love and miss all of you; you are my family.

JKS

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Joe.

Sorry I couldn't see you off.

You are on the road to grand adventures, keep us posted.

If I'm ever out that way (I plan on traveling soon after my bachelors is done) I'll look you up.

Peace,
Gary

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home