Monday, June 25, 2007

Interesting Weekend

32 hours in NYC. Got hooked up with a sweet pad in Brooklyn, took the worlds cheapest cruise around Manhattan (w/ dinner and free wine), and saw a Detroit band in one of the coolest bars on the east coast. Drank with the band until 3:00, had a completely random run in with an old friend on a three hour subway misadventure and made it back to Chinatown for the 6:30 bus.

Four hour nap, a breath of Boston and onto the 2:00 ferry to the Cape. 90 minute nap.

24 hours in Provincetown, MA. Two whale watches beyond belief; no sight of land and little more than an arms length from a beast 50 feet long and weighing several thousand pounds. 10 of the 24 hours spent out at sea, fixed at the prow with 40 mph ocean wind in my face.

I’m convinced once again that I’ll need to carve out time for a dream I’ve been having for years. I’m buying a boat; an ocean-faring boat. Not soon, but sometime. And I’ll need a crew (you know who you are). Expect a letter from me sometime in the next ten years. It’s going to say that you need several months off of work. I’m not sure where we’re going, but my boat will have enough rum for the long haul. It’ll have bunks and a library and we’ll do Kung Fu on the deck. We’ll be out for weeks getting tossed about by the most un-fuck-with-able force on the planet. Go for a swim in water that extends for miles beneath your feet. Count on it.

1 Comments:

Blogger tkhoveringhead said...

Fuck a two weeks notice . . .just say the word

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home